Diagnostic software
04-24-2021, (Subject: Diagnostic software ) 
RE: Diagnostic software
(04-24-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Personally, I don't blame anyone who owns their own equipment for trying to find alternatives to the rip-off stealersHi#ts and their severely over-priced subscription-based softwares. My personal opinion is that the stuff should come free with the engine/vehicle upon purchase in exchange for the headaches these emissions systems cause everyone and the severely under-trained certified-OEM gaggle of facilities who mostly do nothing but rip ppl off ... but that is just me.

I believe you said it better than I could have. Having worked for an AG equipment dealership previously I have experience with OEM software and now I just can't stand having to pay a dealer $100 just to get them to plug a computer in and change some settings when I know I could easily do that myself if I had access to the right tools/software. For example I currently have a 2000 Mack that needs the PTO high idle rpm adjusted because we swapped the 8LL to a 13 speed which has a different PTO gearing speed thus needing the rpm setting changed and the dealer wants $100 right off to plug in.

I just ordered a NexiQ from the popular website (synonymous with fuelnotebook) and they offer free V-MAC III software and general fault code software so that will solve my problem for now and I'll see how far that will get me.

Thanks to all who shared there experience and knowledge on this subject it is very valuable to me as a young man trying to learn!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Diagnostic software - Truckdriven - 04-24-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.