cummins isx15 injector
05-04-2021, (Subject: cummins isx15 injector ) 
RE: cummins isx15 injector
Don't forget the oil cooler, not just the oil pump. The cooler has many small passages that get clogged up with debris. Also, make sure you get the correct cooler for your engine and tune. There's a steel plate and a copper plate cooler, depending on the HP rating of the engine. Quickserve has plenty of info about the differences.

While you have the bottom end open you may want to remove and inspect the piston cooling nozzles to make sure they aren't clogged up and see if you can get a look at the liners for any scarring from debris.

The hard part is flushing out all the oil journals and passages. The block, head, all the piston rods... I'm not an expert, but if I remember correctly oil flows through the crankshaft to the piston rods so that's yet another place that coud become clogged up. With all the work being done, especially the cam replacement, I personally would have considered a full inframe and extensive flushing of oil passages just to have all the internals in the best condition possible.

Also, if there was that much debris in the system that the turbo and other parts needed to be replaced then you air compressor could be in the same situation.

Finally, maybe check the oil bypass valve on the oil filter housing for debris.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: cummins isx15 injector - JimT - 05-04-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.