2350 - Help with stationary high load application
05-14-2021, (Subject: 2350 - Help with stationary high load application ) 
2350 - Help with stationary high load application
Hello all,

I have a few 2350 trucks that operate in a de-mandated regime for off highway oilfield work.

The application is that these units are designed to direct CM2350 engine power through an Allison 4700 OFS and "split-box" which disconnects the drive axles and sends power to the pump. The units will be on a jobsite for 1-48 hours, and drive these pumps at low to high load, through the non-overdrive gears of the Allison and varying engine speeds.

My issue is that the new units I've build with the 2350 are making dramatically less power at the pump, which is measured by math using the maximum flowrate and pressure it will generate. Using this method my 565/1850 rating is only resulting in 325 hp at the pump, whereas older 2007 Acert C15 550 hp units will be making 450 hydraulic horsepower, reliably and for 20,000+ hours. They all get adequate cooling through big radiators and generally have zero issues with heat rejection while working under load, and have minimal losses to the auxiliary hydraulics (which are identical between older Cat and newer X15 units).

Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to improve the performance of the power unit on these trucks while avoiding the "bad de-mandated" list? I want to ensure my EGT's and overall 2350 remains happy, and am aware that I may trade some ultimate engine durability and reliability at the expense of this. The rub is I will lose customers and market share if I can't provide units which will meet customer expectations like my older trucks.

Local shops in EDM-AB-CAN sound like they belong on the "Bad" list. One has suggested a demandate, but admitted they keep EGR active to "ensure EGTs remain low". And another suggested demandate, plus removing factory VGT for a Large Boss turbo and intake system.

Any and all advice welcome, thank you Rawze for you and your helpful forum.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2350 - Help with stationary high load application - CTS2021 - 05-14-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.