VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
05-16-2021, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
Music RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
I have used Insite 7.6.2 and the engine has the D3L3T3 done at Haggai in march. Not sure if this is an issue or not. After 2-3 weeks after the del3t3 I got the check engine light on and lost some of the engine brake...It was coming on and off, but lately was steady on. It gets up to about 10 psi at most, but usually around 5 psi. So I asked around after I checked the fault codes (1 was about vgt actuator not communicationg with ecm, you can see in the attached picture) and was told I need to change the vgt actuator. I went to the Kenworth delear bought the new vgt actuator and the thing is I was told they will not return my money if I open the VGT actuator box, so now after I tried to replace the old one this new one doesn't work....

I think I got a code about the VGT rate but not sure....What I have tried was to connect the old one without the ignition on and when I connect to the truck it starts spinning, even though it fails if I want to calibrate it. On the other hand, the new one if connected to the truck when plugged in it's not spinning...

I'm attaching a picture with the codes I got before I purchased the new vgt actuator.

What would be the easiest way to get this fixed? I can't move the truck now. The old one fails the calibration and the new one doesn't work.

I'll try to take a screenshot of the active codes I have tomorrow...

Thanks.

{garbage-can tuning box picture removed by Rawze}

Active: 1894 = VGT Actuator Driver Circuit - Abnormal Update Rate.
Active: 6688 = Aftertreatment 1 Particulate Sensor - Abnormal Update Rate
Active: 2198 = VGT Actuator Driver Circuit - Root Cause Not Known

User's Signature: 2010 Freightliner Cascadia 10spd ISX 871 450HP
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS - BlueTurbo - 05-16-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.