No Codes! No Lights!
05-20-2021, (Subject: No Codes! No Lights! ) 
No Codes! No Lights!
New poster with a CM 2350x101. First...its doing two to three “sort of” regens a day. What I mean by “sort of” is that all I can tell it is doing is raising the idle a bit, 750 rpm, and pouring the fuel in. Will last from 15 minutes to 2 hours. When what I believe is a proper “rolling” regen happens, I think 4 times so far, the Hot Exhaust light comes on and the throttle response changes. Ok, a little history: This is a newly dealer installed 160k engine in a 677k Peterbilt 597. This issue was occurring for month or so with the old engine before the liner sank. The truck was then parked for a year. The new engine was little more than a block, head, turbo and ECM so most of the accessories are from the old engine. It started doing it again right away. Since I picked it up I’ve been back and had a cracked exhaust pipe next to the DPF system replaced, then had the DPF sonic cleaned and over that 10 day period the dealer did three forced regens to check things and all were “Everything is working perfect or better than it should” No engine lights and no codes since the install 4k ago. Also, on the last forced regen the mechanic said it showed 3 ounces of soot in the DPF I assume. The dealer mechanics are scratching their heads looking for direction. I really like all the other work they do so I don’t wanna go anywhere else for now anyway. I have talked to a few mechanics at local companies and have heard more than once to redo the wiring harness around the DPF system and replace the DEF doser. Anyone have any input on all this and/or what should I do next?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
No Codes! No Lights! - onebadapple - 05-20-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.