No Codes! No Lights!
05-23-2021, (Subject: No Codes! No Lights! ) 
RE: No Codes! No Lights!
Thanks Waterloo, I’ll check on that. Ok....for now I don’t have Insite and sure don’t have any pics. What I do know, for what it’s worth, is that the Tech is Cummins trained and during the last forced regen checked on it every ten minutes or so for two hours and showed and explained to me where everything was and was where it is supposed to be or better.

If I end up with a $4k bill and it is fixed...no problem, I can pay for that in a day, two at the most! What I can’t afford is spending two days at a shop twice a week. So, any sensor or whatever component that could contribute to this I would like to know about, please?

Wasn’t gonna toot my horn here. However, in the days before DPF I was lead mechanic at an oilfield service company and then at a dealer. Also ASE Master Tech! (expired) I know little about DPF systems make it no secret. So, back in the day when a driver did a write up or a customer described his truck’s symptoms I/other mechanics would figure it out from there with NOTHING to plug into it and it had better not come back for the same problem. The oilfield trucks were, in the 90s, making $10k a shift. If it had to sit because of you....you had one second chance!!! In those days it was called experience. Is it called “truck E.S.P. now?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Codes! No Lights! - onebadapple - 05-23-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.