Changing Pistons
05-23-2021, (Subject: Changing Pistons ) 
RE: Changing Pistons
(05-23-2021 )RocketScott Wrote:  In the ongoing goat rope of an engine rebuild...

The pistons for my engine (CPL 1280) are no longer in production, neither Cummins nor aftermarket make them. I can find listings for them all over but nobody actually has them in stock. They were only used in the CPL 1256 and 1280, not a big market

Some alternatives have been suggested. The original pistons had a 15/1 compression ratio. One alternative piston would raise it to 15.5/1 and another would lower it to 14/1

All things being equal what would the trade offs be raising or lowering the compression ratio?

Going up to 15.5/1 doesn't seem like that big of a jump but I don't have enough understanding to know what else might need to change. The builder that made that suggestion said that I wouldn't need to change injector timing or pump settings. Keep everything else the same

maybe an engine ser#, make/model, etc. weould help? .. no one on here knows what engine your talking about otherwise.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Changing Pistons - RocketScott - 05-23-2021,
RE: Changing Pistons - Rawze - 05-23-2021
RE: Changing Pistons - Rawze - 05-23-2021,
RE: Changing Pistons - Nilao - 05-23-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.