Advice to new owner/operator
07-18-2021, (Subject: Advice to new owner/operator ) 
RE: Advice to new owner/operator
(07-18-2021 )Lead_sled Wrote:  
(07-18-2021 )JimT Wrote:  if those numbers are your take home after deductions then your doing pretty good, in my opinion. You'll probably notice that short hauls tend to pay higher rates compared to long hauls. But that usually means more work instead of mindless driving :)

Those are gross numbers. Of all, the only good run in my opinion was the 1,200 mile run that paid $4,200. It grossed over $3/mile, whereas the other runs have been floating around $2/mile gross. By the time fees and everything else comes out, it’s around $1.25-1.50 per mile.

It seems that there are plenty owner operators here with lots of experience and have played the numbers game.

I get the reality that every company out there is trying to get rich and it seems that most owner operators are just looking for a decent above average lifestyle.

If that is gross... That is not good in the least. You have to figure your net miles, less fuel and payments. Do you know what it costs to operate your truck per mile? The "nut" as we used to say in the car business. I grew up with the "nut", it will make or break you.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice to new owner/operator - Waterloo - 07-18-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.