Active Jake acts like regen lowers soot and pressure
05-28-2021, (Subject: Active Jake acts like regen lowers soot and pressure ) 
Active Jake acts like regen lowers soot and pressure
{original e-mail message/question repaired by Rawze. Some of it has gotten lost.} ...

I am a truck o/o, I watch your videos on YouTube and read the forum, but I would like join the forum to post my issues with
Cummins six 15, actually I need your advice what to do. I am having issues with isx15 regen problem.

I saw someone post same issue that I have but there was no answer to how he solved the problem.

Truck info 2015 KW T680 with 2350 Cummins isx15

New DOC, New DPF,1 month old new/ Reman turbo from Cummins and new turbo actuator,

Cleaned egr valve all sensors of egr new 3 months old, cleaned cross pipe as you advised.

new differential pressure sensor and temp sensor for dpf, new valve seals, injection checked all look good I replaced one injector that failed,

When I did a month ago the valve seals, they replaced all injectors connectors plus one injector
Then cleaned dpf and doc, I did snap test no smoke. Cleaned and checked dpf pressure sensor tubes no restrictions.
O yeah new after treatment injector and new DEF injector. 4 months and 1.5 months old.

After the turbo replaced for no reason because Cummins said it, they suspected the turbo rpm was too high in about 71.000 rpm, but the new one does the same 61000 to 104.000 rpm depending what is going on at that moment.

There is one thing I noticed with insite connected to while driving, when the turbo boosts the dpf pressure sensor goes up up to 2.9 inHg
Then it shows soot going up on the dpf when it gets between 2.9 to 3.5 oz soot then the dpf starts automatic active regen while driving, first doc and dpf get hot but spraying.
The soot build up can get 2.9 to 3 oz within 2 hours depending if I have wind against me or constant claiming hills in the west,

Another’s strange thing I noticed when the jake break comes on the soot build up goes down within minutes better than the regen can do, 3 0z of soot goes to 0 oz let’s say 10 minutes down hill jake break active _. $35000 parts and labor in 1 year, last week Kenworth said bring in the tests fuel systems $650 diagnostic snap test again checked dpf and doc restriction test dpf, they said we cannot find anything run until fault comes on and this this is doing active regen every two hours or 4 hours depending I f am on the hills or hard wind against me with turbo boosting the harder the boost the quicker the pressure builds up, last week in Wyoming hills I had fault code 2754 1 time I cleared then changed dpf pressure sensor, after driving couple hours it came on one more time then I cleared again it didn’t come back. But the regen problem is still here

Biggest mystery jake break taking the pressure and the soot down?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Active Jake acts like regen lowers soot and pressure - dhafuje - 05-28-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.