DPF Replacement
06-12-2021, (Subject: DPF Replacement ) 
RE: DPF Replacement
So, since Rawze didn't go through his usual routine, I'll add this:

The DPF just catches the soot, it doesn't produce it. At that age, with typical abuse, the DPF/DOC are probably approaching the end of their functional life. However, an EGR tune-up is a must as well as running the engine with the exhaust disconnected to check for excessive soot or oil/coolant which can all lead to repeated clogging issues, even with a new DPF/DOC. Find and fix any issues with the engine so that the aftertreatment systems can all function properly.

Also, that service quote seems off to me. Either they are charging you way too much to remove and clean the DPF/DOC or they are planning to sell you a super cheap aftermarket DPF/DOC (or just a cheap DPF) which will NOT perform to the standards that an OEM system expects. Even aftermarket DPF's usually go for $4-5k (though maybe the core is bringing the cost down a little?). Maybe my parts knowledge doesn't correspond to your model truck/dpf, but I'd expect a full DOC/DPF replacement, with labor, to run over $7k up to maybe $12k.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DPF Replacement - TRUCK365 - 06-03-2021,
RE: DPF Replacement - Class_8 - 06-03-2021,
RE: DPF Replacement - Rawze - 06-04-2021,
RE: DPF Replacement - JimT - 06-12-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.