Pete 386 Electrical Issue gauges losing power
06-07-2021, (Subject: Pete 386 Electrical Issue gauges losing power ) 
Pete 386 Electrical Issue gauges losing power
2010 Pete 386 with an isx

Over the past few days the gauges (speedo,tach,oil,water temp, ) started losing power intermittently with an ABS warning and CEL (currently no gauges for an hour ). It seemed if I was steady at a higher rpm for a minute or two power would return although now not the case. I read a few different threads and started with the obvious , checking all fuses and battery cables (all good) , checked and changed the two fuses in the battery box (5amp I believe) . I removed the two body controller connectors under the hood connecting to the firewall and noticed they were slightly dirty/corroded so I cleaned with electrical cleaner . I pulled my head unit out of the dash to see if the windshield seal is leaking and I did notice the wires seemed a bit damp back there and it’s been raining on and off the past few days . I replaced the fuse located in the low voltage disconnect it was 100amp but noticed a smaller fuse bellow 70amp which I wasn’t able to get . I’m now empty in Savannah Ga, on my way home to SW FL to fix the issue. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks !
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Pete 386 Electrical Issue gauges losing power - PocketChange386 - 06-07-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.