Throw out bearing replacement
06-09-2021, (Subject: Throw out bearing replacement ) 
Throw out bearing replacement
So lately I started to get rattle in my clutch pedal and noticed that I am getting throw out bearing ratting noise when I engage the clutch. Truck is a 2011 Volvo VNL 300 day cab 2250 10 speed with 715,000 miles

Figured it was due for a clutch replacement with the mileage. Climbed underneath the truck today and pulled the inspection cover off and was surprised to see it was a REMAN easy pedal manual adjust clutch. The rear engine mounts are in great shape as they look like they were replaced also. No rear structure leak either. I have not had one issue with clutch engagement and I am getting in and out of gears just fine. With it being a remand clutch it is pointing me that it was recently replaced.

I’m going to have to pull the transmission to fix the throw out bearing. My question is am I able to replace just the throwout bearing? Or is it gonna be a new clutch job again? I’ve been looking on the inter-webs tonight and have not found a whole lot of info about throw out bearing replacement. Which is pointing me to the latter.

One more thing I am not sure why the throwout bearing went to hell. Could’ve been from poor installation or never the previous owners never greasing it after replacement. I have always kept it greased myself.

Thanks

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Throw out bearing replacement - Volvo8873 - 06-09-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.