New truck demandated file
07-05-2021, (Subject: New truck demandated file ) 
New truck demandated file
Hello everyone, I am new and still learning how to demandate. When I say rookie, I mean ROOKIE.

First thing first, I just bought a 2012 KW T660. I bought it from a friend because it was a deal and I know what was done to it. I has 500k on it and its already demandated, though I know its a bad demandate. This engine was completely overhauled at 4xx,xxx (not sure exactly when but, late 2019 early 2020). Full overhaul including cylinder head, rockers, injectors, injection pump, gear pump, fuel lines, radiator, etc. The guy that owned it really takes care of his stuff.

My old truck is a 2012 with the same CPL, so I compared files. I had the same CL10138 file in both. My old truck was originally a 10135 and the KW is a 10136. Going through the file, it appears to me they changed things until they got the check engine lights off. They didn't even turn the smart torque off, nor did they raise the turbo krpm limit. They didn't change hardly any thing other than the emissions things. The vgt llim table looks very guessed and basic. Also I have already noticed it probably is going into different operating modes as sometimes when you start it the vgt spools real high and other times it doesnt. I can tell its being derated but, there are no engine lights or codes. The truck got a new ecm because there was an issue and it didnt have a tag on it. I just looked up the CL on quickserve. I know the 10135 and 10138 are compatable, with the exception of turning off smart torque. Not sure about the 10136.

I know just enough to get into trouble. I can change very limited amounts of things. The file i have in my truck was made by someone on here and I know its a good file. I have also studied hard enough and learned enough from talking to a guy on here, that I can tell this tune needs changed for me to have this thing last. My old truck is a Cascadia and I know that airflow through the cac is different on the two. I am not going to flash a file into the KW without consulting one of you experts on here. As I said, I'm a rookie and I want this truck to last me a while.

If anyone would be so kind to take some time to look at this file, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, old truck is manual and new one is Auto. I know there is one parameter I could find that selected the transmission. There has to be more differences that just that one parameter.

2013 KW T660
CPL 3719
CL10136 (currently CL10138.37)
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
New truck demandated file - HamblinTrucking - 07-05-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.