Overheating
07-09-2021, (Subject: Overheating ) 
RE: Overheating
(07-09-2021 )TruckerFamily2 Wrote:  Fan cycles properly. Engine has been properly pressurized. I’m wondering if a secondary transmission oil cooler might help? Just installed new 18 speed Eaton Fuller transmission all the systems are brand new. New radiator fan fan shroud hoses heat exchanger new inframe on engine. I’m stumped could it be that the transmission oil cooler is too small for this engine and possibly need a secondary oil cooler?

Is it air cooled or line cooled? I have an air cooled unit on my ProStar, and it is not much bigger than the heater core under the dash and it does fine. I've had the truck running out west and east coast, no issues. doubtful it is the transmission cooler, even if line fed. Why would you suspect the trans cooler, are the temps excessive on the transmission side?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: TruckerFamily2

Messages In This Thread
Overheating - TruckerFamily2 - 07-09-2021,
RE: Overheating - Chamberpains - 07-09-2021,
RE: Overheating - Waterloo - 07-09-2021
RE: Overheating - Waterloo - 07-09-2021,
RE: Overheating - Rawze - 07-09-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.