2350 running to hot
07-20-2021, (Subject: 2350 running to hot ) 
2350 running to hot
I am gonna give a basic of what’s been done so everyone realizes it’s not the usual things. January got 6 new holes but reused the head. (Cummins warranty) new thermostat a year ago. Flushed radiator inside and out very well. All new antifreeze. Clutch fan rebuilt recently. I don’t know if the oil thermostat was replaced or not. Oil cooler has been replaced but not sure how long ago. Truck runs normal temps except non long pulls. Water 200-210 all day oil 235 all day. On a hard long pull the water will go to 235 and oil 250 and then I have to back out of it and this is with the fan on Manuel. If I don’t back out of it they will keep climbing. Not sure what to do next other than pull thermostat make sure it’s opening all the way then only thing left would be oil cooler and oil thermostat. What’s everyone’s thoughts. I have done all the normal things to resolve this issue. I have noticed it’s been a little sluggish lately and my manifold pressure has only been around 32 and it’s usually 34. I don’t believe this would be a cause of my issue only because all this technology on these emissions engines I would think it would cut the fuel back if it wasn’t getting enough air. I know the old engines with a small air to air leak the temps would climb but these new turbos I would think would compensate for a small leak. Open to all ideas. Thanks in advance.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
2350 running to hot - desert rooster cruiser - 07-20-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.