cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust?
08-21-2016, (Subject: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust? ) 
RE: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust?
(08-20-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  
(08-20-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Has anyone cam up with a coolant transfer tube for a cm870? To go in place of the egr cooler. I understand the negatives of blocking off the egr passages, but how does a cm570 and 870 get proper coolant to the back of the block, neither have the rear egr cooler port?

Can't speak for 570 , but 870 doesn't need any and it doesn't have any negative effects on the cooling and pump . Not so with 871 . 871 definitely need one to have proper flow !!!
Rawze stressed on that many times and he is spot on .

I am pretty sure the 870 needs it too. They are essentially the same engine block, and YES it will face load the pump too!.

Cummins makes a cross-pipe for engines blocks without an EGR cooler on them. It is made for just that reason for the QSK engines that use the same block. Good luck finding it/getting it though. I have seen it installed on brand new engines that do not require EGR.

Even so, I STILL WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS! -- Ask that guy who got nailed in texas for $8,000 by a state trooper because he removed his EGR cooler? -- Good example of WHY you don't waive your arms around while tip-toeing past a sleeping bear. -- The EGR cooler is cheaper by far!. Do the right thing and replace it if it goes bad.

Mine was replaced at 180k miles on the truck. The replacement now has 780,000 miles and still going strong. It was only the early models that were weak.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust? - Rawze - 08-21-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.