Prostar Body Controller
02-28-2022, (Subject: Prostar Body Controller ) 
Prostar Body Controller
I am in OZ and have a 2013 Prostar rebadged to a CAT CT-610. It has the 13L Maxxforce engine with dual sequential turbos and EGR (yes with air coolers that are useless), DPF and an 18 spd Ultrashift. It is a dump truck (we call them tippers) that pulls a dog trailer (3 axle trailer with the front axle on a dolly with a drawbar connected to a ringfeeder). I have had this truck since 2016 and have had issues with it from then. I keep getting "Gen Trans Fault" & "Elect Fault". I have had all the gauges go to MAX and then back to normal when driving (which freaked me out) and get the Hill Start Assist light blinking slowly quite often. I have read all 11 pages on Prostar in this forum and couldn't find any thing directly related to my problem. I believe it is the ABS wiring or the ABS Controller making the Hill Start Assist light blink, and the wiring for the Dump & Engine Brake Switches. I recently replaced the fully sealed LED headlights that have all LED lights in it made by TruckLite. To replace them it costs $2,000.00 AUD each. So I thought I would change them to HID from a Prostar. That was OK but the code in DLB made them stay on with IGN on all the time so the LED headlights kept burning out (I had done 2 till now). I got DLB (cracked version which I think lets me program as I have changed things in it and it shows up in how the markers, parkers, taillights and headlights work now) and deleted the code which kept the headlights on all the time and a couple of other things. Now I can't engage my PTO, the Dump Switch and Engine Brake Switch blink slowly and the Dump Switch works in reverse only when the PDL is on. Bizarre to say the least. I believe it is what I have read about the wiring for all Prostar's if I am correct? Please correct me if I am wrong. I have checked the continuity from the ABS Controller to the Body Controller and the plugs and wiring on the Body Controller. Every thing looks OK (a little bit of corrosion on a couple of connections but nothing major) but I still can't get the bloody thing to work properly. I am going into my 4th week off the road now and am pretty depressed about the damned truck. I also have faults saying that certain connections in the J4 plug on the Body Controller have voltage going to them but there is no wire in there and the Body Controller is telling me that. As I said, Bizarre to say the least but from what I have read these Prostar's are TOTALLY BIZARRE. I am meeting with CATERPILLAR this week to discuss options as we have NO support here either from CAT or Navistar or IVECO (who is the dealer for Navistar here). CAT want to help as ever since Navistar scr3&3d CAT and pulled out of the deal they had here every one has just washed their hands of it. Can any one help? Sorry if this is long and drawn out but I wanted every one to have all the data I have.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Prostar Body Controller - kenno2s - 02-28-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.