2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!!
11-01-2022, (Subject: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!! ) 
RE: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!!
I have a house with similar hack job wiring. I tried to study it, but even a few electricians said that calling it a rat's nest would be a compliment. So every chance I get when doing some kind of renovation I just rip out the old wiring and run new. Sounds excessive, but sometimes it's actually just easier then trying to decode (and fix) the old mess. It's the hidden stuff that you don't know about and can't see that really screws everything up.

I guess the point is that it may be easier (and maybe safer) to pull out the hack job wiring and replace those sections than trying to root out and fix each bad splice. Even if you do fix each individual splice they will always be a potential point of failure in the future. Much safer to run new wires and add some extra circuits (if needed) and keep the splices and connections in a central location and to a minimum.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2006 W900 lights are haunted. Help!!! - JimT - 11-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.