Chinese under bunk diesel heater
11-27-2022, (Subject: Chinese under bunk diesel heater ) 
RE: Chinese under bunk diesel heater
(11-26-2022 )Silberstrom Wrote:  This isn't completely off topic. I recently found out that the espar d2 that is attached to the thermoking evaluation can be separated from the apu by ordering a controller and doing some rewiring. Thought I would pass along the knowledge.

I discovered the same too on the controls with the Evolution, you would need a new harness, $200 and the controller, I think around another $200 +/-.

I just cleaned and rebuilt my Airtronic D2, all of the Espar parts are on either eBay or Amazon. Did the gaskets, which I would recommend if you take the unit apart to clean. New glow pug, new fuel filter and the gasket set, then the filter in the fuel pump. I think everything was around $80 and an hour of my time cleaning and replacing parts.

I did purchase one the the less expensive fuel line kits for the hose clamps, $9, I would suggest doing that if you take your fuel pump off the truck to service. I had one of the fuel line clamps break on me, and they are not something you are going to find at your local hardware store, at least not at mine. Also, the stainless intake and exhaust tubes, I replaced those with the Chinesium ones, two pack, I think $20, they worked.

The mounting studs on the bottom of the Airtronic unit, three were toast. They used regular nuts on them, and they rusted up to the point it was a chore to remove them. So, I took the unit with me up to my local hardware and fitted the correct length stainless steel bolts. I think they were an M4 1.5 pitch. I believe roughly 1/2" to 3/4" in length.

I was surprised at how easy it was to rebuild one of these units, and not that expensive if you shop the parts. And the fuel pump, the screen in that is a big culprit if not changed out say every 18 months to two years, preferably in October before the snow flies.

I wish one of those Chinesium control boards and harnesses would work with the Airtronic units, many features that Airtronic does not offer.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chinese under bunk diesel heater - Waterloo - 11-27-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.