Jake Performance
12-22-2022, (Subject: Jake Performance ) 
Jake Performance
This is something I just can't quite wrap my head around and I think I should be able to. Talking about jake brakes and their performance and why some have more holding force than others. What is it about the systems that make some work better than others? Not asking how a jake works, but why some perform better than others. The truck I drive has a CM570 in it, the jakes "work" great. I've never driven a truck with that strong of an engine brake. But to be truthful, I haven't driven many of "todays" trucks, especially not loaded. My previous truck had the 12.7 Detroit, the jakes weren't even close to as strong as this CM570. Now I understand that's not comparing apples to apples, but what is the biggest reason for the difference? Displacement? I've had several trucks with the N14 in them and even back to the Big Cam III days, I sure don't remember the jakes being this strong. I'm sure electronics play a big part of it, but is that the major difference? Does the timing change when jakes are applied? I would imagine the VGT turbo plays a part on the engine that have them, but like the CM570 just has the waste-gated turbo. Not having any problems, just trying to understand.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Jake Performance - TerryB - 12-22-2022
RE: Jake Performance - Bengy88 - 12-22-2022,
RE: Jake Performance - TerryB - 12-22-2022,
RE: Jake Performance - Rawze - 12-23-2022,
RE: Jake Performance - TerryB - 12-23-2022,
RE: Jake Performance - tree98 - 12-23-2022,
RE: Jake Performance - Rawze - 12-23-2022,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.