Carrier Maintenance Manager Involvement
06-04-2023, (Subject: Carrier Maintenance Manager Involvement ) 
Big Grin Carrier Maintenance Manager Involvement
So hubby works for a carrier hauling fuel. We have an 09 KW 871cm. Truck is in company’s name as it’s purchased by them and leased back to him.
Determined it needed a rebuild. Company has $24,000G of his in maintenance trust fund for these sorts of issues. We provided 2 quotes between $38-43,000 and requested maintenance funds held be paid out to shop from trust. Finance lady advised to request PO and she would pay bill in its entirety and hubby could pay company the difference. So he requested a PO from Operations Manager (his terminals boss) and OP brings maintenance guy that’s claims to be red seal mechanic on board. (This guy worked for company called canxxus in Oakville ON). Says he can do better price on rebuild if we agree to move to kw dealership in Bowmanville ON. Says hubby will have all day and make all decisions without anything happening first. Says they are committed to starting work on truck within 1 week or sooner. So hubby tows truck 3.5 hours to dealership for it to sit. End of day it was supposed to have been started to be worked on we still haven’t heard from maint guy so we call KW ourselves. They advise that they didn’t commit to anything and have 3 other engines on the go. So we email maintenance guy and call him on his bs. he responds he doesn’t take being callled a liar lightly and will be talking to superiors lol. Another week goes by we call kw as we have no info still and they advise they will not speak to hubby will only speak to maintenance guy as truck is in carriers name and he’s the representative.

So almost a month rolls by and we get a quote. That’s same amount of $ with $12,000 less in parts… 1 year less warranty and wants to check and reused headbolts in order to save. Proceeds to advise replacing injectors isn’t necessary as they are fail proof and egr cooler. He recommends we get our doc and DPF cleaned for another $2500. Meanwhile these pieces are brand new with no mileage on them.
We tell him his quote is shi#t his labour is $35/h more than our quotes and list a list of parts not in his quote that total $12G of what make up our worst case quotes.

Long and short truck arrives back to the shop it was originally transferred to Kw Bowmanville. Our original quote location. No paperwork to state what diagnosis was made ect. Nobody from his carrier called to advise truck was moved back for 12 days after it happened. Day 12 boss texts and says truck is back at original location. Nothing else. So I call KW bowmanville that advise exhaust manifold was removed and exhaust valve 6 is seaping oil and some other things taken off and put back on without any seals or gaskets. So advise not to put any liquid in as it will leak out..

His carrier too did get his authorization to put a wrench on it. They were to advise and he was to be involved in any decision. (We have an email from maintenance guy stating this).

While this is going on I ask maintenance guy for his mechanic cert number so I can confirm. At first he doesn’t provide. Then at a later date provides a number stating that’s he’s red seal certificate and gives number I check with skill Ontario is not a licence number but ironically I have confirmed with Ryder Truck rental is a unit they have in Salenes California.

So we have a truck that left our shop running and has returned back to our choice shop now not running and we had no knowledge or gave an authorization to anyone to put a wrench on it.

This man is a menace. What recourse do we have? We have practically rebuilt this truck, have been paying for a Ryder lease ontop of our lease and he’s giving red seal numbers that aren’t legitimate and I feel he isn’t certified.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Carrier Maintenance Manager Involvement - mxmom777 - 06-04-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.