IFTA/IRP audit
07-07-2023, (Subject: IFTA/IRP audit ) 
IFTA/IRP audit
Well...looks like the good MPG bit me in the a$$. Guess it was only a matter of time. Just started what could be a month long IFTA audit. Within the last couple hours spent meeting with the auditor, I gave them all the info I have...fuel reciepts, trip details (well currently in the process of sending all the trips now), computer software, etc... Seems like the high MPG is an issue.

I explained my process...drive 58-62, closely monitor gauges, engine health tip top, usually run at night for lack of traffic and start/stops at traffic lights, use the terrain to assist with momentum, high percentage of deadhead due to what I haul, flat ground @ sea level, etc. Apparently the auditor doesn't know if this will be enough for the manager to approve since they expect to see somewhere in the 5.5-6.5mpg range for a truck of that age and mileage. I explained that I hand calculate every tank and it's written on every fuel receipt. It's a way for me to catch an issue as soon as the fuel mileage starts slipping. I even offered a ride along to understand how the truck is driven....

Damn if ya do, damn if ya don't....everyone wants a little larger slice of the pie.

Dunno how this is gonna go, but I'll keep ya posted...any advice is appreciated
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 07-07-2023
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 07-07-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - Rawze - 07-07-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 07-07-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 09-16-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - Rawze - 09-16-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 09-16-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - MCRENT - 09-27-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - SquareOne - 09-27-2023,
RE: IFTA/IRP audit - Rockhwy - 09-27-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.