DEF doser
11-13-2023, (Subject: DEF doser ) 
DEF doser
Swapping out the DEF doser, there is the white powder and crystallization present so I figure I'll get it out of there. The coolant and fuel lines and plug are already moved over and the new doser is tucked aside for now.

Unfortunately, one of the small bolts did snap off. The other two were easy. I was gentle as could be but I could tell it was about to break. At least I have a stud to work with. Any ideas to remove it? I don't have access to a welder at this time. I have a drill and thin bits...

Before I reattach I want to inspect, of course. The conduit where this doser attaches is, I'm guessing the reactor decomposition tube? Now, I'd like to remove that tube and look to see if your "volcano" buildup is there. (which will also help me get that broken bolt out with some elbow room.) Question is, would you replace those two clamps that hold this tube? They look okay.

Also, once I crack that seal under the clamps, are there gaskets? If so I'm sure they need to go...

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: If there's anything I like better than honey and ketchup, it's baloney and whipped cream, and we haven't got any.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DEF doser - Punchy - 11-13-2023
RE: DEF doser - Rawze - 11-13-2023,
RE: DEF doser - NDISX15 - 11-14-2023,
RE: DEF doser - Punchy - 11-14-2023,
RE: DEF doser - Punchy - 11-14-2023,
RE: DEF doser - Rawze - 11-15-2023,
RE: DEF doser - JimT - 11-22-2023,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.