N14 ecm flash problems
12-16-2023, (Subject: N14 ecm flash problems ) 
RE: N14 ecm flash problems
(12-16-2023 )windowrattler Wrote:  I've bricked every celect plus ecm I've flashed in truck. I've also had 100% success flashing celect plus ecms.

Every time it "bricks". To rom boot it you disconnect the batteries for 5-10 minutes. Reconnect batteries. Key on for 5 seconds. Key off and connect to the truck with insite with the key off. It should be in rom boot when it connects. . Select calibration in insite and flash it with the key off. Sometimes I've had to do the procedure a few times to get it to rom boot. I'll try and find the actual document for it.

that sounds a bit sus to me. Maybe if the ecm only went into rom-boot?. I would think however that this would be pointless if the ecm actually bricked, as there is no mechanism it this key-switch dance procedure (or wiring harness for the engine) that will actually trigger the special 'rom-boot pin' properly on the face of that ecm.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kiko

Messages In This Thread
N14 ecm flash problems - Kiko - 12-15-2023,
RE: N14 ecm flash problems - Rawze - 12-16-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.