ISX exhaust valves leaking oil
01-12-2024, (Subject: ISX exhaust valves leaking oil ) 
RE: ISX exhaust valves leaking oil
(01-11-2024 )BlizzardGuy Wrote:  Pretty much what I expected!
The whole job was a pretty slippery sh$t slope to begin with
Is there an obvious way to tell an aftermarket head from an OEM one?

- This thread reminds me of someone coming to my house one time about 5 years ago. They had just had a rebuild done. Paperwork said it was a new OEM head and all oem parts were on the bills. Engine was loosing compression on 2 cylinders / running rough .. valves were leaky. When we looked at the head itself, the date stamped into it was 5+ years OLDER THAN THE ENGINE AND TRUCK.

Clearly it had also been re-worked when looking at it closely, though it was hard to tell at first. it was obviously not new at all, but something quite old in fact. - H#ell, it was also not even the head that came off of the engine to begin with. It was some swapped out crap.

The guy called them up and confronted the shop and they said claimed that they bought them from yet another local local shop in town (non-oem) because they could get cheaper prices on what they said were OEM parts. - Turns out with some more digging, it was an old head from a local junk yard that this place was cleaning up (and machining a bit) and selling them as new OEM.

Truck owner also found out that not even the overhaul kit was oem either, once the bad head came off it and he saw after-garbage pistons in it.

I think he ended up getting a bunch of moneys back towards having it fixed properly again after some threats and getting some lawyers involved.

.. and here is another one from 3 years ago... same thing. Head was replaced at some point on this totally neglected and abused truck, ... and was older than the engine itself: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid53024

Moral of the story.. trust no one and double-tripple check everything to find out exactly what you got.

What does it say on the back corner of the head intake side?.

Part#, RX or PX, date or manufacturer, etc.etc.
picture: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid64885

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BlizzardGuy

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX exhaust valves leaking oil - Rawze - 01-12-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.