Bent Exhaust Pushrods
02-23-2024, (Subject: Bent Exhaust Pushrods ) 
Bent Exhaust Pushrods
Good Morning, I am a newbie on here and want to say hello. I would like some help with an ISX12 (11.9) build date 10/2011. This is not a truck owned by our company, we are a helping a friend out. The original issue I had them bring the truck here for was low pressure at idle and some metal in the oil pan. As they were driving the truck here it died out on them and was towed the rest of the distance. First thing I did was check for codes and found a couple codes for cam/crank timing. I checked the sensors and all was good. Swapped them out anyhow being they were cheap enough. Looking around I see these engines are prone to the cam gear slipping. I decided to pull the valve cover and I found all the exhaust push rods were bent, the intake pushrods all seem to be ok. I find it a little weird that only the exhaust rods bent, but again this motor is totally new to me, never worked on one. I would appreciate some input from members familiar with this engine on what their thoughts are and what step I should take next. What would be some causes of just bent exhaust pushrods. Thanks in advance for any help.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Bent Exhaust Pushrods - Goody68 - 02-23-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.