Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi..
10-09-2016, (Subject: Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi.. ) 
RE: Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi..
(10-09-2016 )slowpoke Wrote:  i shimmed mine 3 weeks ago tried to use 7 us dimes but didnt seem to want to compress ended using 5 dimes oil pressure went up about three lbs when hot was 31 now 34 but at idle not much did notice now after first week when start from cold (70 f) oil pressure 42 lbs at idle 600 rpm bump it to 800 rpm pressure drops to 36 then to 40 then to 36 then slowly back to 42 if i keep it low idle for 30 seconds then this dosnt happen. pump one year old cm871 inframed. could i have done something wrong

jimineztrans as well, did you change the o-ring?
Did you lube the o-ring with Vaseline when you reinstalled it?
Did you check the circumference of the pump where the dogbone/spring/cap Assy installs to see if it had a sharp edge that could potentially damage the o-ring?
If yes, did you chamfer the edge to prevent this?
There really isn't much you can do "wrong" on this procedure.
I reused the o-ring on the first procedure, and installed a new one when I added to get it where I wanted it.
Slowpoke, the spring certainly gets harder to install as you add shim. A little trick I used was I got the Assy pushed in just far enough to start to install the oil pump mounting bolt to hold it in position for me. Then I used a 3/8 extension on a ratchet with one hand laces on the head of the ratchet to do the final "push" to slip the cotter pin into place...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shimmed my oil pump.. went from 35psi to 45-46 psi.. - Hammerhead - 10-09-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.