Propane injection
10-14-2016, (Subject: Propane injection ) 
RE: Propane injection
I will say there is probably better science out there with CNG. There are kits that can get you up to 50% substitution but I'm sure crank angles need to be looked at (I agree with Rawze). There is better infrastructure for CNG and it is 130 octane so it agrees with our compression ratios better than Propane which is closer to 110. CNG is a lot cheaper right now than Propane.

The thing I see here is what would be the gain? You add weight to the truck when you install the tank....one that has an expiration date by the way. It takes some serious math to see if you get gains in overall fuel costs.....and you dont really know what its doing to your engine. I saw a CNG/Diesel truck on ebay with a rebuilt ISX at 450k on the odometer.....I gotta wonder if CNG had anything to do with that early rebuild.

Proper maintenance and tuning can yield an incredibly clean running engine as well as one that has some real longevity.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Propane injection - mmmmmm - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Unilevers - 10-12-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-13-2016,
RE: Propane injection - Rawze - 10-13-2016,
RE: Propane injection - preacherboy24 - 10-14-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.