Fixing your DPF Problems in a nutshell...
04-08-2018, (Subject: Fixing your DPF Problems in a nutshell... ) 
RE: Fixing your DPF Problems in a nutshell...
what would be a good stating point,not trying to spend all the money at once on parts just n case something els goes wrong.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
04-08-2018, (Subject: Fixing your DPF Problems in a nutshell... ) 
(04-08-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  what would be a good stating point,not trying to spend all the money at once on parts just n case something els goes wrong.

Replace IMAP and other sensors on the EGr system and clean out the piping?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod , Brock
04-16-2018, (Subject: Fixing your DPF Problems in a nutshell... ) 
i replace the imap and now im replacing the pressure sensor cleaning out the cross over pipe this wkn my delta p is on back order are there any other sensor or pips i should clean..thank u for ur help
replyreply
11-08-2018, (Subject: Fixing your DPF Problems in a nutshell... ) 
Hi, I need some help! I have a 2008 Freightliner business class m2 with the Cummins ISC engine. I realize this isn't the engine that is mostly talked about on here but it is the same in a lot of ways. We've been having emissions problems. It seems to be always cleaning or trying to clean the DPF. It blows a tremendous amount of black smoke out the stack for a truck with EGR and DPF. It also is letting too much exhaust fumes into the cab. It also seems to have an extreme lack of power and burns way too much fuel. Our main check engine light is for crankcase overpressure. We've had it tested for blow by from the cylinders and that doesn't seem to be the problem and it doesn't seem to burn much oil. I gather from another forum Rawze posted on "thetruckersreport" forum that this may be our turbo. Our biggest problem is that this truck is a trash truck. It idles all day long and rarely gets above 40 MPH. If or when it does it's for a short amount of time. What is our solution??? I see two options. Option one: Try to keep the emissions system clean by doing the EGR tune-up and replacing the doser injector, performing a forced regen and seeing if that fixes our problems. I believe we need to have our turbo and CAC pressure tested no matter what we do.
Option 2: have the truck de-mandated.....
Now if this was an over the road truck where it could properly perform regens itself I would definitely try option 1. Being the application it is in I'm really not sure what I should do with it.
De-mandating it kind of looks like an easy road out provided the shop we found to do it does a good job. (Small local shop, others seem to have had good luck with them. $4000 to do a delete on this ISC engine.)
If we stick with the truck the way it is how often would we need to perform a forced regen? How do I perform a forced regen? Cummins insite software the only way? Where to get Cummins insite? How much does the software cost?
Thanks in advance!
replyreply
it may be best to get with Mopmmaburt or Unilevers to have the problem solved permanently, it being a trash truck that will suffer non-stop those types of problems. -- Even the local County and city vehicle trash trucks have all resorted to de-mandating them in those types of operations. - Don;t just let anyone do it,.. have it done by the guys recommended on here so that you never have to question it.

even so, It does NOT solve engine related issues that cause those problems to begin with. You need to ensure the engine is tested thoroughly, sensors and systems are cleaned out, the CAC and other things checked, and if the turbo is bad, it still needs replacing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: EOW , Toolguy
Would you avoid buying a truck with the CM 871, Or are all EGR/DPF engines have about the same problems?
replyreply
(11-08-2018 )Moore Wrote:  Would you avoid buying a truck with the CM 871, Or are all EGR/DPF engines have about the same problems?

strong opinion: The cm871 is likely the best engine cummins has made to date once you demandate it properly.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Fixmytruck123 , Moore , Toolguy
11-11-2018, (Subject: Fixing your DPF Problems in a nutshell... ) 
(11-08-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-08-2018 )Moore Wrote:  Would you avoid buying a truck with the CM 871, Or are all EGR/DPF engines have about the same problems?

strong opinion: The cm871 is likely the best engine cummins has made to date once you demandate it properly.

What about the DPF filter itself, do you recommend taking it to a dealer to get it cleaned?
replyreply
11-11-2018, (Subject: Fixing your DPF Problems in a nutshell... ) 
(11-11-2018 )Moore Wrote:  What about the DPF filter itself, do you recommend taking it to a dealer to get it cleaned?

Yup. Most will charge about $300 or so if you bring it to them. Take the DOC while your at it. Have them both baked and flow tested / de-ashed.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Moore

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.