EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
04-27-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
let me guess Pure Dumb$hit Inc tune or some random shop using a copy paste of their craptacular engine destroying software?

if so have fun giving up your warranty for an inframe. OR get in contact with Unilevers/Mommaburt/Mr. Hagg from this forum to fix.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Rawze
I’m not gunna name the guy or shop he came highly recommended he’s a little guy who has been very good to me. Unfortunately he’s 9 hrs away from me. I don’t have computer so I know I’m pee’n in the wind. I never had an issue with this until this last time we reset the injectors but since my control knob to check the dash reading has stopped working. Since the ankle bone is connected to the knee bone. Is this a high light to something or am I just being wish full.
replyreply
(04-27-2019 )Big bad blue Wrote:  I’m not gunna name the guy or shop he came highly recommended he’s a little guy who has been very good to me. Unfortunately he’s 9 hrs away from me. I don’t have computer so I know I’m pee’n in the wind. I never had an issue with this until this last time we reset the injectors but since my control knob to check the dash reading has stopped working. Since the ankle bone is connected to the knee bone. Is this a high light to something or am I just being wish full.

you problem has a high possibility of it being bad programming.

I see a hundred people a year on here, all of them,.. every one of them were convinced "their guy, who was highly recommended by their frineds" was always the problem,,.. but the truck owner too stubborn to realize it until they go through a few turbo's or head gaskets, injectors, fuel pump, etc.

There are very very few people doing tbhis type of work even half decent, nonetheless right.

Keep lying to yourself there, The few hundred people who read this post these next few weeks will all shake their heads in dismay,.. because all of them have been right where you are at,... most learned this lessons the hard way.

GET THE PROGRAM COPIED OUT FROM THAT ENGINE COMPUTER AND E-MAIL IT TO ONE OF THE RECOMMENDED PEOPLE HERE ON THE FORUM JUST MENTIONED OR TO MYSELF AND HAVE IT INSPECTED + GET A SECOND OPINION ON IT!!! -- OR FACE THOSE GHOST PROBLEMS AND REPEATING ENGINE FAILURES WHILE HANGING ONTO THAT FALSE PIPE DREAM OF "My guy was highly recommended".

Don't blame the equipment on the incompetence of others and/or your own shortcomings. this trucking industry is plagued with an out of control disease of bad ecm tuning out there,.. every single one of them "the experts". Only problem is that they can't even tell you how that engine works on its insides with any actual detail, not one damn bit.

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1823
and...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

Have "your guy" send over a copy of the program he sent to your ECM,... If he is worth 3 cents, or give 2 shi#t$s about his methods or his customers engine at all, he would have no problem discussing what is found. - If he gets defensive,.. RUN LIKE HELL AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! -- there is no secret sauce or science that someone can hide or protect (though some companies try like hell in vane to lol) can hide from anyone on this forum with a copy of the correct engine software. All it takes is someone connecting to that ecu and they will see every single line of code someone has changed.

Most these guys who do that kind of deletes, they got from their friends off those gawd-aweful auto tuning forums w their pirated softwares could not even tell you what engine operating modes the ISX has in it, nonetheless what modes it will run in when you block the EGR piping,.. they have no clue whatsoever what combustion process logic the engine needs, or how to adjust it for no EGR gas, and have no clue how to re-program the turbocharger for the modifications they make to the intake, egr, exhaust, -- BTW: For EACH of the 11+ or so different engine operating modes that X15 has in it. (city, highway, high altitude, long idle, protection modes, various thermal management modes, scr warm-up, etc.etc.etc.) - Mopst those guys don;t even know what engine mode it is running in after their hacking of the ECu,.. engine does strange things and parts start failing because the thing is confused to what engine mode, or what offsets to apply to the combustion chamber in it any more.

I see it here weekly, if not daily sometimes... Here is a recent review I did with someone else, and the program from their truck just last week : http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid37590

You should be worried --- VERY VERY VERY WORRIED! - And you likely should NOT BE DRIVING IT until you get a definitive answer + a second opinion of that programming at the very LEAST!.

"You can lead them to the water ...but I'll be damned if most of them take the time to listen."

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Big bad blue , 5DS
he might be a great mechanic. the mechanic i use i would let work on my truck any day of the week but i wouldn't let him near it with some program he got from someone else. but he hates tuned trucks period hasn't seen any come in that aren't blown up. which he just got 1 in yesterday had 10k miles on Puke Dip$hit Inc tune and lifted the head off the engine along with a ventilated block.

so if hes just using some software from some random company and doesnt know how to custom tune to the truck hes standing infront of instead of just downloading the same files into every truck then he doesnt know what he's doing when it comes to the computer.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Big bad blue
(04-27-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  you problem is 99.99% likely bad programming, guarenteed!.

I see a hundred people a year on here, all of them,.. every one of them were convinced "their guy, who was highly recommended by their frineds" was always the problem,,.. but the truck owner ...
I sent you a private message
replyreply
04-30-2019, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(04-27-2019 )Big bad blue Wrote:  I sent you a private message

Actualy, I have been informed that Uni most likely did it. He is still going to get the file pulled and I will look at it just to be sure its ok when he stops back by the place where it was done.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
if it was done by me its fine you can say it. PM me and we can get hooked up and see whats going on or take it back to the shop that did it and tell them it isnt right and to get ahold of me to figure out the issue. I have a list of shops who have done X15's recently, so i can guess where it was done but either way it should not smoke. Again i wish i heard about these sooner.

again for reference for everyone, not just this one time

IF I DID IT AND YOU ARE HAVING A ISSUE DONT BE AFRAID TO GET AHOLD OF ME/PM ME/DEMAND THE SHOP THAT DID IT GETS AHOLD OF ME!! I WONT BE UPSET WE TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT WE DO AND I WANT IT TO WORK!!!

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , Hedley , scottydogtruck , HotRod , LargeCar , Evotrucker
Just to Back UNILEVERS if anyone is in GA I work with Unilevers daily so Id be more than happy to let him remote in if it helps.... Uni has been good to us and anything I can do to help let me know.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , scottydogtruck , HotRod , LargeCar
(04-30-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  if it was done by me its fine you can say it. PM me and we can get hooked up and see whats going on or take it back to the shop that did it and tell them it isnt right and to get ahold of me to figure out the issue. I have a list of shops who have done X15's recently, so i can guess where it was done but either way it should not smoke. Again i wish i heard about these sooner.

again for reference for everyone, not just this one time

IF I DID IT AND YOU ARE HAVING A ISSUE DONT BE AFRAID TO GET AHOLD OF ME/PM ME/DEMAND THE SHOP THAT DID IT GETS AHOLD OF ME!! I WONT BE UPSET WE TAKE PRIDE IN WHAT WE DO AND I WANT IT TO WORK!!!

Uni

^^^^^^^^^^

more honorable then 99.999999% of the shops out there doin this stuff that will refuse to acknowledge when an oopsies made and fix it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , LargeCar

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.