Rusty Rockers
04-11-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
RE: Rusty Rockers
In Rawze , Mr. Hagg & Gear oil we trust.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Running rough , PuroCumminsPower
04-11-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
(04-11-2021 )amermextrucker Wrote:  In Rawze , Mr. Hagg & Gear oil we trust.

u sure about that?... I got called a "highway Hank" over on bob-the-oil-guy's website a few years back for even suggesting using 10% gear oil into my enigne.

A whole thread of how I was destroying my engine, making it wear out 400% faster because the oil viscosity was too high, and it killing my (I get 9 mpg) fuel mileage .. oh yeah... and how it would be full of acidic clay buildup .. and how its going to eat up all the brass bearings and parts of my turbo up like acid... and all sorts of other ill-begotten claims...

.. I am still waiting for the acid clay and the brass pitting/wear that's eaten away .. 1.4 million miles and counting. .lol

-----

Its just like those guys who said i was destroying my transmission by dropping it into neutral its whole life going down the roads at highway speeds... Still waiting for that damage they claim will happen to set in too...lol
here is what it looked like at 1.4 million miles, the first time it was taken apart: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid52116

-- After all.. i AM full of S$it!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT , Signature620 , amermextrucker , Volvo8873 , Running rough , PuroCumminsPower
04-16-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
(04-11-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-11-2021 )amermextrucker Wrote:  In Rawze , Mr. Hagg & Gear oil we trust.

Its just like those guys who said i was destroying my transmission by dropping it into neutral its whole life going down the roads at highway speeds... Still waiting for that damage they claim will happen to set in too...lol
here is what it looked like at 1.4 million miles, the first time it was taken apart: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid52116

-- After all.. i AM full of S$it!.

9 mpg is great but putting it in neutral could be hurting you. Ethan from {HORRIBLE SHOPS NAME HAS BEEN REMOVED} says these new engines totally shut the fuel off when you lift (foot off gas pedal). If your putting it in neutral it’s using fuel to keep it at idle. Ya it’s not much. Maybe you could be getting 9.04 mpg. LoL
replyreply
Im on my 4th truck , ive driven them all this way , throwing it in neutral as much as possible. No issues ever on any of them.
replyreply
(04-16-2021 )Oil Slick Wrote:  Ethan from {HORRIBLE SHOPS NAME HAS BEEN REMOVED} says

I can guarantee you nobody on here cares at all what anyone at piss poor power says about anything. That place has been proven to be a ripoff artist that has no clue what they are doing with an ISX. I would not take my bicycle to those guys to have them put the chain back on. YEA SERIOUSLY!!!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Running rough , PuroCumminsPower
(04-16-2021 )Oil Slick Wrote:  9 mpg is great but putting it in neutral could be hurting you. Ethan from {HORRIBLE SHOPS NAME HAS BEEN REMOVED} says these new engines totally shut the fuel off when you lift (foot off gas pedal). If your putting it in neutral it’s using fuel to keep it at idle. Ya it’s not much. Maybe you could be getting 9.04 mpg. LoL

JUST ABOUT EVERY CAR/TURCK ENGINE ON PLANET EARTH THAT IS IN GEAR AND DECELERATING AGAINST THE DRIVE TRAIN GOES TO ZERO FUELLING WHILE UNDER NEGATIVE TORQUE LOADS!!!!

THIS DOES NOT SAVE FUEL... IT COSTS YOU TONS MORE MOMENTUM LOSSES THAN THE 15-20MG/STROKE AT IDLE THE ENGINE CONSUMES -!!!!!

(a separate issue)...
SOMEONE GOTTA BE SOME KINDA DUMB TO LISTEN TO THOSE MORONS OVER AT THAT PLACE YOU MENTIONED... THEY ARE ENGINE KILLING BAD-DELETE, COMPLETE DUMBARSSE, POKE-AND-PROD, ECM PROGRAM BUTCHERS WHO HAVE NO ABSOLUTE CLUE HOW A MODERN DIESEL ENGINE ACTUALLY WORKS!

I SUGGEST GET OFF THOSE DAMNNED SOCIAL MADAI AND AUTO-TUNING SITES WHERE PEOPLE WHO ARE BEYOND GADDa3MN CLUELESS AND ARE THAT STUPID TEND TO SAY S$IT LIKE YOU JUST SPOUTED OFF ... OR GET THE H#LL OFF MY FORUM WITH THAT GARBAGE!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
04-17-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
It's not about the fuel consumed by the engine while coasting in or out of gear. It's about the net gains in momentum from coasting.

Based on my testing I've seen the difference between coasting in gear compared to neutral. It's most noticeable when traveling down hill. When in neural you gain more speed and momentum compared to the exact same scenario except in gear. When in gear the engine is actually holding back the speed of the truck. That's why you downshift going down grades because the engine will slow your decent to a certain degree even without jake/engine braking. Remember, when in neutral the spinning mass of the engine is no longer affecting the movement of the vehicle. Simply put there's less friction leaching energy from your momentum.

If you haven't put 2+2 together (and got the sum of 4) then you should know that more speed/momentum (energy gain from gravity) gained downhill translates to less energy needed to climb the other side.

There's one situation where it actually benefits you to stay in gear downhill (beyond the safety aspect of controlling decent). It's when you are running VERY light and the downgrade is too slight to maintain your speed. In this case staying in gear with very minimal throttle will maintain your speed without using much fuel. For me this has become common when hauling 8,000lbs of ISO (roofing insulation boards). Between the lack of weight and the drag from the feather light ISO I've found that I will actually slow going down some grades if I take it out of gear. I average about .5-1.0 mpg LESS when hauling ISO at a gross weight of 38,000 lbs compared to grossing 70,000 lbs on the same lane (I-81 & I-84 between PA and MA).

Also, as I understand it, all the newer automated manual transmissions will (or can) automatically shift into neutral when coasting down hill as a means to increase fuel efficiency. The programming controls if, when and how much this will occur.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
04-18-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
most if not all new automated trans like the DT-12 are now shifting to neutral when coasting.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
04-18-2021, (Subject: Rusty Rockers ) 
For those who remember riding (or still ride) bicycles, did anyone still pedal while going down a hill....or do ya just coast lol?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.