Mack ECM password
05-01-2021, (Subject: Mack ECM password ) 
Mack ECM password
I have a 2000 Mack RD688S that we did a 8 spd to 13 spd transmission conversion and the PTO gear ratio is slightly slower on the new trans . The truck has a bulk feed body that needs to run at a set speed to unload and has a remote high idle switch at the back of the truck and I need to reprogram the ECM to run the engine at a different speed. I have a NexiQ 2 adapter and the V-MAC III software and am able to connect to the ECM but whoever previously set the parameters put a password on that I cannot make any changes. I contacted the company who installed the body and they said they don't do those settings that the original owner would have had to get that set up.

Anybody have any solutions other than paying the dealer several hundred for a reflash? I already tried 0000, 1234, engine ser#, vin#, and everything else I could think of.
replyreply
05-04-2021, (Subject: Mack ECM password ) 
RE: Mack ECM password
Have you tried not entering it and just clicking through?

Otherwise I belive dealer version of vmacIII can sometimes remove it, or ptt 1.12 with dev.

Easiest way is to just have a Mack dealer reflash it
replyreply
Just talked to my buddy that ran a mack shop. He says the most common was the last 6 of the Vin. Try it forward and backwards.
replyreply
(05-04-2021 )Zhidden Wrote:  Have you tried not entering it and just clicking through?

I actually just tried that earlier today and it went right through so obviously there was no password set and the password box comes up regardless and me being new to the V-mac program just assumed that meant it was password locked. Talk about feeling like an idiot......
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Zhidden , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.