De-Mandated CM870
05-04-2021, (Subject: De-Mandated CM870 ) 
RE: De-Mandated CM870
I'm leased on with the company that {name removed}. I talked to their lead mechanic and they have what I'll need to pull the file. So I'll get that within the next few days and send it to you guys. Thanks a bunch for all your help. I love learning all I can about this stuff. That damn truck is my mistress
replyreply
You claim you want it like a 600HP engine...

(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  My idea with this motor was to get it running line a Signature 600.

According to that engine ser#, your engine (CPL8518) IS already signature-600 build. It just was not sold as one, having a 565,1850 program in it when it was installed into the vehicle. All parts internally, and also the VG turbo are already at the highest tier. It is simply a matter of putting a compatible 600HP program in it.

./uploads/202105/post_2_1620173979_6bbba07d6230e4b79a88d15d274c4278.png

=======================

(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  ...
Otherwise everything's been pulled off except the EGR cooler for coolant circulation.

does it still have the VG turbo on it? -- or some aftermarket garbage?. You have not been very clear on what has been done to that engine. Maybe take a pic or 2 of the exhaust and intake sides of the engine and post them if your not sure.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: AK Trucker
(05-04-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  You claim you want it like a 600HP engine...

(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  My idea with this motor was to get it running line a Signature 600.

According to that engine ser#, your engine (CPL8518) IS already signature-600 build. It just was not sold as one, having a 565,1850 program in it when it was installed into the vehicle. All parts internally, and also the VG turbo are already at the highest tier. It is simply a matter of putting a compatible 600HP program in it.

=======================

(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  ...
Otherwise everything's been pulled off except the EGR cooler for coolant circulation.

does it still have the VG turbo on it? -- or some aftermarket garbage?. You have not been very clear on what has been done to that engine. Maybe take a pic or 2 of the exhaust and intake sides of the engine and post them if your not sure.

My apologies. I took it to a trusted shop right after I had the motor inframed. It was completely stock. After the tune was installed I bought a plug kit online and put a plate over the exhaust finger where the EGR valve was and another over the intake where the EGR tied in. I left the EGR cooler on so I'd still have proper coolant flow. I've been meaning to plumb it in rather than rely on the cooler. I removed the EGR and circulation tube that came off the cooler and wrapped around the motor going into the intake. My goal was to clean up the motor as well so it was simpler and easier to work on.
replyreply
(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  ... I just had kenworth swap out injectors and now I'm getting constant 1000 degree Pyro temps and black smoke

Anyone bothered to re-adjust the overhead valves a second time and then do an injector leak test?. That would be next, as far as ensuring you have everything set right and verifying that those injectors are good...

part2: https://odysee.com/@rawze:d/isx-injector...awze-2-3:b

part3: https://odysee.com/@rawze:d/isx-injector...awze-3-3:7

Also might want to ensure the cams did not slip at some point. That engine is supposed to have the #4 and #6 wedges used on it... ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid29926

BTW: up to about 1,050F is not out of the ballpark for EGT's post turbo. Are you using an aftermarket pyro sensor with its own probe? or are you looking at what the ecm is reporting (factory gauge without a separate sensor)?. The ecm often gets the data wrong and cannot be trusted.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Exhaust flange. My auto correct is bad sorry guys
replyreply
Disregard that last post Rawze I just got what you were asking. No I haven't thought of that yet
replyreply
(05-04-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  .. Are you using an aftermarket pyro sensor with its own probe? or are you looking at what the ecm is reporting (factory gauge without a separate sensor)?. The ecm often gets the data wrong and cannot be trusted.

I have two post turbo sensors. One is factory and the other is digital. The digital gauge always reads 100 degrees less than the stock instrument gauge
replyreply
Also yes I still have the Holset VG turbo on it
replyreply
(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  Disregard that last post Rawze I just got what you were asking. No I haven't thought of that yet

you gotta realize that most mechanics cannot be trusted to do a proper job of anything any more... Heck, odds are in my favour heavily that if I called 50 repair shops with that "Cummins" logo on the front door ... and asked them if they have the tools on hand, and means to even do an injector leak-down on that 870 ... they'd "have to get back with me" because most shops are severely under-trained, and would not even think of such things.. nonetheless take the time to do them.

I have even seen plenty of certified OEM places set the valves all wrong... and then go about telling the truck owner who complains about the engine not running correctly afterwards, that the engine "has to break in again".. and all sorts of other stupid excuses. Most places that are "certified" are actually the worst places to go and are COMPLETE MORONS!.

It is not unusual for ppl that come to my website to start learning this the hard way, and that just about everything they have been told to follow is mostly complete bulls$it vs how things should be done.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.