Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
01-18-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
(01-18-2017 )Nterry Wrote:  looking for help to update software to latest or see what options there are for higher hp/tq combinations.

engine CPL:3491

code is CL10048

ecm reading: CL10048.42

-- CL10103.xx (500-HP) (CPL 3491) - Allows regen during PTO operations.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks rawze
replyreply
by the way where can i get update from?
replyreply
(01-18-2017 )Nterry Wrote:  by the way where can i get update from?

Anybody that has insite and Incal.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-20-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
Ecm av10069 cpl2732 its set at 450hp would like to turn it up to 475 or 500 which ever is the max i can with this setup
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Zkelly7051
01-21-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
(01-20-2017 )Wdecker70 Wrote:  Ecm av10069 cpl2732 its set at 450hp would like to turn it up to 475 or 500 which ever is the max i can with this setup

The highest factory program that is 100% compatible with AV10069 is this one...

-- AV10183.xx (475-HP) (CPL 2732) - AV10236 for newer DPF Style. It has 1745 ft-lbs in the 1100-1600 rpm band. Outside of this range, they are identical.

Most factory programs above 475 are made for different hardware/injectors and are not very compatible with a a tier-2 engine. This means that to achieve anything higher than 475, it should be done through proper custom tuning instead of trying to make a higher factory program work.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: NewSon
Ok thanks for the info would it be better for me to do the custom tuning instead
replyreply
(01-21-2017 )Wdecker70 Wrote:  Ok thanks for the info would it be better for me to do the custom tuning instead

Custom tuning has its benefits if done correctly even if you do not change power levels. A lot of people want to de-mandate their engine and I don't blame them for getting rid of the engine killing/choking crap on them, but too many people are quick to make their engine work harder in the process by turning up the power while they are at it. Not considering the consequences very heavily before hand could put you out of business fast with an engine that suddenly needs an inframe.

My suggestion --- as far as power levels go --->

Not if it has a whole lot of miles on it. People too easily get their ding-dong all hard for more power but seem to too easily forget that changing power after the engine has already spent half its life at a lower level is always risky to do.

If you aren't prepared to inframe it,.. then I would not touch the power levels in it. -- Everyone wants more, more, more,.. but no one wants to pay the price when they alter their engine and it happens to reveal a serious problem because you altered it.

My own truck hauls around 80,000 lbs all day long and it does it with the engine sitting at 450-HP. I want a million mile engine,.. and want to make money far above wanting to go up a hill a bit faster.

NO money in shortening the life of your engine by making it work harder if you ask me. if it is really that important to shuffle around heavy loads more aggressively, you should invest in better rear end ratios to do so. Less money spent long term.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Running rough
Ok thaks so much for all the info im like you i want to get 1 million miles out of my truck so im just gona leave it alone. When i need to do an inframe then im might do something different with it
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.