Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
01-22-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
Agreed, running big weighs an engine should not be operated any lower than 1450-1500 rpm. The stress duration is just too long at any rpm lower than that and will dramatically shorten longevity.
I believe this is why I have never had liner issues. I refused to bump the power rating to 600/2050 when offered for free from my home KW dealer. I don't pull lower than 1500 as a rule, occasionally when I was preoccupied or busy communicating with pilot cars or something I would go to 1400, but that was the exception, not the norm. The reason my engine was inframed was because of a cracked head that I believe was a manufacturing defect. It wasn't cracked in the usual suspect places, it was cracked on the intake plenum over #2 behind the ECM cooling plate through to the coolant passage. The motor consumed coolant from day 1, and nobody would accept it and do any real investigations for me. Upon taking them to court when I finally had the discovery documentation, I found that the cooling system pressure test procedure was only done for 2hours maximum. No wonder they never found anything, they weren't really looking!

You didn't mention the rating of the AV10104 cal, I am assuming this is the 600hp 1850tq file?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Hammerhead - 01-22-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.