Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
08-07-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
(08-07-2017 )adam1215 Wrote:  I've thought about rear ratio too. I have 3:55 with a 13 speed someone I know suggested going to a 2:79 but I think that is too high of a ratio. I only run between 58 and 62 mph. I was just wondering if increasing horsepower and torque would have any great benefit or not. I will probably just leave it alone for now

Anybody advising someone else complaining of "power/pulling" deficiencies to go to a higher ratio rearend is an uneducated idiot.
I don't know what sized tires you run, but I'd advise 3.70 for 22.5's or 3.90's for 24.5's...but that is completely generic. I would need to know; tire size, GVW, typical speed travelled, etc. for a proper recommendation. 3:55's with a 0.73:1 13th gear OD is what I would classify a "fast truck", not an advisable spec for a fuel conciensious operator.

For a comprehensive explanation of rearend ratios and amplification force see Post #19 of this thread http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1992&page=3

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: adam1215 , fargonaz , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Hammerhead - 08-07-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.