Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
08-12-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
(08-12-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(08-11-2017 )Hetdiesel Wrote:  I have a question on this I have 2 cm2250s one rated at 485 hp and one at 600hp. Visually looking at the engines look identical. Timing for the cams is 46 on the 485 and 66 on the 600 that's the only difference I seen. so what are the different components in these 2 engines cams, injectors, cranks? I'd like to know how different they really are?

(08-12-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  The 600 is a different tier with different injectors and a few other parts. Go register your engines on quickserv.com and look up some of the hard parts.

Something seems OFF on this to me Rawze...the 2250 is a single cam engine, why does it have two digits denoting cam timing? Any of the datwplates I've looked at on 2250's only have a single digit.

The cam timing isn't what you're looking for to distinguish differences between engines, the CPL is what you compare. CPL is Critical Parts List, and it's code tells what Pistons, injectors, turbo, cams etc. were installed during build at the engine plant.

That is 100% true. I just didn't want to pick apart the guys post, and figured he meant to say he was comparing 2 CM870's or some other pre- common rail engines. I don't even think I have ever seen "66" timing codes for any Cm871 either.

Just like you pointed out, no common rail has a stamp on it for injector timing, I.E. the CM2250 or CM2350 engines. They would only have a one number timing code for the wedge for the valve cam. I have however seen a few Cm870's with 66 on the cover for the wedges but it's uncommon. They are early models where they were playing with mechanical timing to make them meet emissions. Those same engines that did not have the proverbial "46" timing codes also take specific programming to go along with them too. it is not just a matter of hp settings on them, and you can't even change to a different program within the same cpl range on some of them without some minor ill effects unless that particular program also had proper corrections for the different static timing. It is difficult to find compatible programs because of this, and changes based on individual engine ser# as well.

if the person registers the 2 engine ser#'s on quickserv, they will get a better picture of what is different between them than any comments I can make without knowing them myself. With the ser#'s and quickserv, they can see the correct model engine they are and the correct timing codes too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Rawze - 08-12-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.