Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
08-13-2017, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
(08-12-2017 )Hetdiesel Wrote:  You guys are right my bad I was wrong timing code is 06 on the 600 and they are 2250s both serial numbers are 79573063 is the 600 and the 485 is 79426214 don't have timing code on this one I'm not 100% sure now. bother are common rail so only one cam vs the 871s that the codes are 46 but I'm sure I've seen 66 somewhere or am I crazy?

Yes, the common rail injector system is a single cam engine. The XPI fuel pump delivers the fuel pressure to the injectors.
On the dual cam engines, the left cam drives the injector and mechanically creates the pressure required to inject the fuel.
An 0/6 or even /6 timing code is the valve cam, which is a 6 degree timing wedge used to statically time the valve cam.
I have only ever seen one 6/6 timing code, and it was also as Rawze stated on an 870. I've never seen an 871 with anything other than a 4/6 timing code.

I was also not tying to pick your post apart. When someone is talking power, timing, tuning, and then there are timing codes that don't match engine families, my peabrain screams "STOP! Don't put the wrong information into the right ECM."

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hetdiesel

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Hammerhead - 08-13-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.