Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
10-01-2022, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
(10-01-2022 )Spreaduraxles Wrote:  On engine plate
CPL 2733
ESN 79355448
I don't know the original AV#

INFO showing on ECM
ESN same
CPL 2965
AV10096.24

Is it possible to just go back to the original AV# for my ESN and CPL?

Engine ser# 79355448 shows original program AV10051.

Program AV10096 is NOT compatible with program AV10051.

AV10096 id an EGR-only program, wheras the AV10051 is for EGR + DPF... but this is not the difference. There are bigger issues at stake...

* The CAC and other vehicle settings are not compotabile. This leads to engine fuel and other inefficiencies.

* If the egr itself is blocked of, then the injection timing is too high, and is ma=oderately harmful to the engine... pushing it into the danger zone for a a possible cracked piston or dropped liner.

* The AV10096 program expects no crank case filter.. This is not an issue if the truck onwer uses a maint.free crank case filter, or if it has been bypassed in some way.. otherwise, this sets the engine up for overheaed cam failures or turbo bleeding into the CAC if the CC filter ever does get clogged up.

* The AV10096 program is designed for different compression a=ratio engine as well. Again Efficiency losses will occur.

* The AV10096 program is designed for a different model turbocharger as well. Again, the turbo will not operate as efficiently as needed, will do strange thngs at times, and cause enigne efficiency losses as well as a shortened turbo lifespan.

-===========

It looks to me like some clueless wannabe used a Mexico or other countries program to make a half-arssed delete program for your engine. -= This is not correct and is far from optimal.

The correct thing to do it put the program that belongs in that engine and truck.. matches 100% .. and then fix the program to match whatever (de-mandate) that might have been done.

-== Welcome to the bad delete club.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Rawze - 10-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.