Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
01-07-2023, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
(01-07-2023 )greasemnky87 Wrote:  Trying to get a little better understanding of these calibrations i bought a newer truck with an x15 565hp/1850tq in it sn 80014016 and the calibration code id HD10196.04. when i was looking on insite it says this calibration under performance options is RV USE ONLY. can you explain why it would say that in a linehaul truck? thanks in advance. i was also wondering what cal was compatible for the 605/2050.

This is what I see at a glance when comparing them ...

Compared to a typical line-haul program of the same CPL and hp/trq ..., the HD10196 program ...

* Has the "Cold Start Emissions Reduction Strategy" options are all turned off.

* All of the In-range diagnostics, bounds checking, range checking, etc. is far more relaxed / lenient for the DOC inlet, DOC outlet, DPF Outlet, and SCR outlet temperature sensors.

* SCR unit (excess) hi-temp duty-cycle control has been switched off.

* The port ID's for several sensors and vehicle connectivity are set to J1939 port #4 instead of port#1. Some line-haul programs within this same CPL range are this way though too. This implies a slightly different wiring harness and different communications structure.

* Some of the Engine coolant over-temp detection system has a 5-minute delay on startup over-temp vs. a line-haul program only having 60-seconds.

* Torque Derate for a failed regen is slightly more harsh than on line-haul programs.

================

All in all, a glance would indicate that it is more lenient for excessive exhaust and engine heat, mostly in regards to the after-treatment systems + all of the cold start emissions reduction is mostly just switched off.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Rawze - 01-07-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.