Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
04-27-2023, (Subject: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know ) 
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know
(04-27-2023 )jrbmechanical Wrote:  ...
Customer wants to be at 600HP and 2050FTTQ

It sounds to me like you needs to educate your customers better. -= Every damn trucker on the planet wants 600HP and 2050trq (or more) if they think they can get away with it without serious negative consequences.

But here is the reality of such decisions on a business standpoint. This has been observed around here time and again.. I don;t care what the red engine maker claims or says...

On average, a typical highway truck with an ISX, Well cared for, ...

* When set to 1650-trq will live a long and happy life and not need a $25,000 inframe until it gets past a million miles+.

* When set to 1750-trq need a $25,000 inframe at just under a million.. 700k - 900k miles.

* When set to 1850-trq need a $25,000 inframe at just under a million.. 550k - 750k miles.
(depends on how hard it is driven and how much it is lugged below 1500RPM).

* When set to 2050-trq need a $25,000 inframe at just under a million.. 485 - 600k miles (depends on how hard it is driven and how much it is lugged below 1500RPM).

As stated, running the engine under high operating loads below 1500 RPM's its whole life (most drivers are guilty of torturing their engine like this as well), contributes greatly towards these numbers too. So...
====

As anyone can see .. turning one up to 2050+ trq is NOT a smart business decision at all. It is far cheaper to replace the rear ends in the truck if someone wants more response and a better ability to pull grades with heavy loads than trying to crank up the power on the most expensive component in the drive-line.. The engine!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: arazdolgin , Robo99 , Running rough

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing HorsePower -- What You Need To Know - Rawze - 04-27-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.