Changing single oil cooler to duel
10-15-2016, (Subject: Changing single oil cooler to duel ) 
RE: Changing single oil cooler to duel
Limited owner plan. It's for small, or O/O's. it allows you to register up to 5 S/N's.
that's what I did.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
10-15-2016, (Subject: Changing single oil cooler to duel ) 
Also I don't know if I need a specific housing for my motor or if they are all the same. I found one on line I thought I would buy it and put new coolers in it and install it but I don't want to waste the money if it doesn't fit. The one's I found they list the casting number?
replyreply
10-16-2016, (Subject: Changing single oil cooler to duel ) 
(10-14-2016 )HankAz Wrote:  Yup, a little history. I ordered mine as a 600. Last year I put in a recon and didn't have any problems. This summer I started getting red shut down lights at the top of grades. I took it in to Cummins to get it checked out. I had just had issues with the X Y shifter and thought the guy at Kenworth changed something in my parameters.
He comes back and says it's the oil temp that is setting it off. He also thought that a 600 should have a duel cooler. So that was when I started reading here on Rawze's forums. I changed the oil thermostat but it has cooled down outside now so I'm not having the problem any more but I'm going to change it at Christmas time when I'm off to a duel cooler anyways.
Oh, and mine is in a T660.
Hank

If you are getting shutdown codes for oil problems -- IT IS NOT THE OIL COOLER SINGLE ELEMENT AT FAULT!!!

I don't know WHY for the life of me you think that adding a second oil cooler is going to ACTUALLY SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS!!!! --- FIX THE DAMN PROBLEMS AND STOP TRYING TO MASK THEM!!!!!

IF YOU OIL TEMPS ARE TOO HIGH ---

* You have a BAD DELETE!?

* You have fuel-air mixture problems!?

* You have an overheating Turbocharger!? -(what is your BOOST/pyro getting up to in hard pulls
?)

* You are ABUSING YOUR ENGINE!?

* Static Timing has slipped!?

* yOU HAVE A spun bearing!>?

* The oil cooler is partially plugged !? -- OR Annodized by BAD (or waterless) ENGINE COOLANT!?

* You have a bad oil temp sensor? -- Have you even verified the temps?

* Bad oil thermostat?.
--=-====

I.E. --- THERE IS AN ACTUAL PROBLEM!!! --- DON'T MASK YOUR PROBLEMS BY MODIFYING YOUR ENGINE!!!--- FIND THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT!!!!!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Also I have saw a few cases where it had a bad thermostat. When fully closed it bypasses the oil cooler. Thus purposely heating up oil. Once oil is up to temp it will open. In a few cases it would not fully open and there for bypassing oil cooler partially.
replyreply
Ah, just figured it out. You can register up to 5 engine Vin. #s for free. Boy you can teach an old dog new tricks. LOL.
My CPL is 2919
This recon was ordered in as a 550 then turned up at the dealers when they installed it.
I would like to see pictures on QuickServe. All I seem to get are part numbers?
Thanks for the help.
Hank
replyreply
Thanks for your help Hammerhead. I was reading these posts on my phone and didn't see the second page.
replyreply
Curious.... what is the oil temp when the code comes up?

My 08 871 in a prostar is a 500 with dual cooler.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I think the dealer said it was 240. I know the oil thermostat opens at 235. I did change that and the problem seems to be solved. I'm working on getting gauges to monitor oil temp,pryo and boost but I want to upgrade the cooler anyways when I'm off at Christmas. I'm finding cooler housings and they list the casting number I don't know what will interchange with mine.
Anybody??

Thanks for the help
Hank
replyreply
My engine s/n is 79271838

Get them to compare parts lists for you. Or if the parts guys a fucking moron then just go to a local heavy truck salvage yard to compare.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.