Trailer brakes grabbing drum sightly
10-20-2016, (Subject: Trailer brakes grabbing drum sightly ) 
Trailer brakes grabbing drum sightly
Trailer brakes won't let go of the drum they keep grabbing them

This issue has become more apparent after S-cam bushing change, and two slack adjusters 2 brake chambers

Tried getting under and releasing brakes manually doesn't help either they go back to grabbing drums

2001 Wabash dura plate with some (non Hendrickson suspension)

I'm currently en route to Carlisle PA any mechanic recommendations, i have spent too much on my trailer for repairs.

All responses are appreciated for in advance ....

Great thanks to raise for this website
replyreply
RE: Trailer brakes grabbing drum sightly
grease the piss out of it then with your wrench, tighten it all the way, loosen all the way, tighten then back off to proper slack.

try em again.

Every time I've had this happen it was lack of grease causing it to stick while applied.

Crap like that usually happens when otr truckers believe only speedco needs to grease during oil changes.... like they put enough grease into those cams.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I would also check the stroke an free play to make sure it's up to spec.
Should be about 1" of stroke an 1/2" free play depending on which chambers you have with new brakes. Block the wheels and get someone to apply the brakes so you can measure and see for yourself what's going on.

You did change the drums too, right?

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
you may have the wrong brake pads on your trailer, there are 2 different brake pads for that application depending on your trailers cam diameter.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
didn't want to leave you hanging, page 4 on this publication will help you identify the proper brake pad for your s-cam application.

https://www.meritor.com/_layouts/images/...0Guide.pdf

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.