Holset Turbo Charger coolant leak
10-22-2016, (Subject: Holset Turbo Charger coolant leak ) 
Holset Turbo Charger coolant leak
My Holset Turbo charger appears to be leaking coolant from the center section on the back side of the turbo. There appear to be 3 cup plugs pressed into the housing. One of these appears to be the source of the leak.

I know common sense says pop em out and pound new ones in. But I dont want to make a $3000 mistake.

Any info would be a help at this point.
replyreply
RE: Holset Turbo Charger coolant leak
Personally....I would if the turbo was out of warranty. As long as you can find the right ones.
replyreply
Just unscrew the adapter the coolant line plugs in to and replace the orings

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(10-22-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Just unscrew the adapter the coolant line plugs in to and replace the orings

I agree with Brock on this one. While it is extremely rare for frost plugs to leak, they can occasionally.
I would try the O-rings first, it's much more likely to be the culprit.
Typical frost plug leaks happen on old vehicles where the chemical content is not properly maintained and they rot out, which takes quite some time.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
10-23-2016, (Subject: Holset Turbo Charger coolant leak ) 
Depends on the turbo I posted here a few month ago where we had one of those china turbos and the freeze plugs was leaking under the actuator. I removed it and put some sealant on it and drove it back in. Come to find out that it was not deep enough. I compared it to another turbo we had.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.