Snake oil/ fuel additives
10-25-2016, (Subject: Snake oil/ fuel additives ) 
Snake oil/ fuel additives
I'm curious as to if anyone is using or tried "no more friction" oil additive?
Also thoughts on hot shot secret oil and fuel additives?
One more thought has anyone used "extreme friction fighter"?
replyreply
10-26-2016, (Subject: Snake oil/ fuel additives ) 
RE: Snake oil/ fuel additives
How about nmf

seems to be no shortage of these friction modifiers out there. I've never used one but a local tuner shop around my neck of the woods swears by em. They claim that on a recreated dyno run the gain 15ft/lbs torque when they add a friction modifier to the diffs.

Of course they sell said friction modifier so I don't trust a word they say.....

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
10-26-2016, (Subject: Snake oil/ fuel additives ) 
Most of them cause more harm than good. Countless numbers of fly-by-night companies pushing "friction modifier" products over the years have been sued for excess engine wear. Most of them contain moly infused with ceramics and cause accelerated wear over time. i have even seen reports of chemicals in them like bleach and such too (i think even motor-kroke uses bleach lol).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-27-2016, (Subject: Snake oil/ fuel additives ) 
Bleach oil is long chain clorinated molecules as far as I've been able find from my research.
replyreply
10-27-2016, (Subject: Snake oil/ fuel additives ) 
I've also read about formula one cars using WS2 additive. Tungsten disulphide is the real name for it. It is used in molding industries as well.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.