Low oil pressure on gauge?
10-26-2016, (Subject: Low oil pressure on gauge? ) 
RE: Low oil pressure on gauge?
Jake's are strong.
replyreply
(10-26-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  Pump seems to be original old looking. Where is the oil sensor?

What do you mean by the "Pump seems to be original old looking."? The oil pump is located inside the oil pan, front bottom of the block/front gear case as it is driven by the front gear Assy. Did you remove the pan to look at it?

As stated, sensor is drivers side of block, approx where #5 cyl is, and approx 8" above the top of the frame.
This is an oil pressure sensor.
./uploads/201610/post_2077_1477511184_df1d40e255a3a396d4a6157abfde4514.jpeg
Part number 4921517. I recommend everyone carry a spare. Having your truck shut down when you have a faulty sensor is not convenient.

If your jakes are strong, you have oil pressure. Jakes are driven by pressurized oil.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
I thought the oil pump was next to fuel pump but I was wrong. Thanks for the help hammerhead I'm sure it's the switch I just got oil pressure on the gauge after sitting for a bit.
replyreply
(10-26-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  I thought the oil pump was next to fuel pump but I was wrong. Thanks for the help hammerhead I'm sure it's the switch I just got oil pressure on the gauge after sitting for a bit.

That's your power steering pump.
Oil pressure sending unit is pretty easy to change. It's in a nuisance place, but it's not hard to do. The nut size is 1-1/16".

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
10-27-2016, (Subject: Low oil pressure on gauge? ) 
Turns out gauge was faulty I ended up going to dealer to pay $250 for a $50 part. But I did not have the correct socket size to take it off. Engine never did shut down even when I unplugged the sensor and started engine.
replyreply
10-27-2016, (Subject: Low oil pressure on gauge? ) 
Soooooo.... was it you're gauge or oil pressure sensor? Y did you pay $250 for $50 part?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.