six injector issues
10-28-2016, (Subject: six injector issues ) 
six injector issues
changed #6 injector with a new one from peterbilt and still have a miss and leak. # 4,5,6 all run colder than the from 3 cylinders. #6 is running 150-200 degrees cooler. #4 is around 50-75 degrees cooler #5 is 100-150 cooler. i swapped the mettering solenoids around thought that was the issue but still same thing. i did the injector leak down test with the starter i get all kinds of bubbles but can't get them by manually turning the motor over. have you saw brand new injectors faulty or am i just the lucky one.
replyreply
10-28-2016, (Subject: six injector issues ) 
RE: six injector issues
Don't know about your issue. But I've done 6 injectors in 100k mies. Had a low load flutter, kept loosing injectors 1 by 1. Good now though
replyreply
10-29-2016, (Subject: six injector issues ) 
if its bubbling you have a bad head or injectors. nothing else to do but verify what it is and change the parts.

if you cant find the leak manually turning it over step the hose side down on the bubble tester and kind of squeeze it when it goes into the cup of water. Watch for the level to change ever so slightly and that is your one.
replyreply
NO it is not normal for replacement injectors to make bubbles. i have changed a bunch of them with people and they never leak after.

I just helped wildpib here on the forum today check his, they are still factory and have 600k miles on them, and do not leak one tiny bit at all. His timing/metering actuators on the other hand are a bit worn down though.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
It's entirely possible to have injectors fail outta box. I was at my buddies shop when they were doing injectors on a Cummins in a pickup and one they replaced failed soon as they fired it up. It was just dumping fuel straight into engine hammering and smoking like crazy
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.