Injector setting
10-29-2016, (Subject: Injector setting ) 
Injector setting
Hello: I have a question on injector settings. We have ISX 871
And popped lid to adjust valves and injectors. Every thing
Seemed normal on valve settings until we did injector.
The adjusting screw was run down to where it just made
Contact and was then locked in place on all injectors.
There was no inch pound pressure at all. We set them at
70 inch pound according to valve cover setting. We had
Approximately 1/2 inch difference more from their setting
Mark to our setting mark . We bought Trk used and International
Dealer had replaced Injector cam and 2 rocker arms. It is
A 2008 Pro Star. We've run it 2 years not knowing about these
Inector settings. How can this engine have run like this, is there
That much leeway in settings ? We followed Rawzes vidio which
Was a great help (Thanks Rawze ) . Has anyone experienced this,
Or is this a fluke ?
replyreply
10-29-2016, (Subject: Injector setting ) 
RE: Injector setting
Sounds like another high quality workmanship adjustment about appropriate for the shop rate that the Stealerschill charged :sarcasm:

Welcome to the world of things done correctly.
I am not a hydraulic expert like Rawze, and I will be checking to read his input on this matter, but I suspect without the proper preload on the injector that the fuel was short on hydraulic pressure and probably didn't have the correct spray pattern, leading to excess soot from poor fuel atomization leading to inefficient combustion. That's my initial thoughts.
You may experience some slight gains in throttle response now that the correct hydraulic pressures are reached, as well as possibly a small fuel economy gain.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
10-30-2016, (Subject: Injector setting ) 
RE: Injector setting
I have seen several set that way. They tend to want to overheat going up mountains easily, as the fueling and timing is waay off.

I have had more than a few drivers from the salt lake area dealers that their engines were set this way,.. It is out of sheer ignorance!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.