ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
03-07-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
#5 is where my bypass supply line is hooked to.
replyreply
03-07-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
I use #3 connected to bypass inlet port

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
03-08-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
My BP filter was on #3. The line kept suffering heat damage from the turbo and had to be replaced several times, even after installing a heat shield on it. I think #5 is a much better choice for BP filter.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver , LargeCar , Toolguy
04-03-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
For the bypass oil filter, where did you guys put the return line? Back to the oil pan I am assuming? Now, did you drill a hole in the pan or use the drain plug on the passenger side of the motor? Or is there someplace else to attach the oil return line? My motor is in a thousand pieces right now, and I am thinking this would be a good time to install a by pass filter, or at least get the plumbing started.
replyreply
Mine returns to the oil pan on the right side. Supply line comes from the oil cooler just a little bit in front of the oil filter. I could send a picture if you would like. Just let me know.
replyreply
(04-03-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  For the bypass oil filter, where did you guys put the return line? Back to the oil pan I am assuming? Now, did you drill a hole in the pan or use the drain plug on the passenger side of the motor? Or is there someplace else to attach the oil return line? My motor is in a thousand pieces right now, and I am thinking this would be a good time to install a by pass filter, or at least get the plumbing started.

There are return ports down both sides of the engine just above the oil pan (both the drivers side and passenger side of engine has spare return ports) with large hex plugs in them. Just pick one that is convenient. Here is a pic of where the spare oil return ports are located...

./uploads/201807/post_2_1532290887_6f17d4b71407da928f8f737dbe331b22.png

The Pressure feed for the bypass filter is located on the oil cooler housing on the passenger side of the engine. Here is a post showing the oil cooler housing ...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...873#pid873

Ports #3 and #5 in the picture can be used. -- Port#5 is better because port#3 is right below the turbocharger and the hose is prone to suffering heat form its housing.

====================

I have the cheap Amsoil kit.

It is a BMK30 kit. Here is the link...
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/fi...e=BMK30-EA

The replacement filter is an eaBP-120. They are like $50.00, or $36.00 if you sign up as a dealer.

I also have the oil sampling valve. It screws ritght into the bypass filter kit, and makes it VERY easy to take oil samples. Here is the link...

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/f...?code=BK30

For Oil sampling, I use these sample kits,... they are pre-paid...

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/ot...e=KIT14-EA

Here is a pic of mine. It is mounted on the passenger side right behind my fuel tank with an aluminum plate and some "J" bolts. The "J" bolts were just long bolts purchased at a local home depot that the end near the head was heated with torch and bent into a "J" shape so they would hook into the frame. No holes were drilled into the frame at all. The filter lasts about 60 - 80k miles at a time.

./uploads/201604/post_2_1459685221_c0b161d86233d1967473e72a2e41decb.jpg

Here is how I check mine to see when the filter needs replacing ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...95#pid9595

Tags:
oil ports, bypass filter, amsoil bypass filter, amsoil filter, bmk30, bypass lines

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar , SuperTrucker , Roysbigtoys , Toolguy
Thanks Rawze, I forgot about the the hex bolts in the block.
replyreply
04-23-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
Well just got done installing a bypass filter(amsoil) and of course overkilled it by using some aftermarket fittings(AN8) and steel braided lines. run out of the #4 hex plug in the picture(14mm 1,5 thread to AN 8) to the filter,had to drill to mount as the space i had a mount would have been to close to the turbo for my taste. then got some nifty 180 deg AN8 fittings run to and from it(no nasty bends) and ran it down to hex plug the block(18mm 1.5 thread to AN 8) no muss no fuss..took about 1.5 hrs to do. as i'm out of practice on putting fitting together.(pita :)) had to get most of the fittings/filter online as no one had what i wanted around here. but still got it in for about $ 273.00 so not to bad,as you could spend more on other systems.
So shop around i"m sure someone can do it cheaper than that :)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
04-26-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
(04-23-2016 )stevesparts Wrote:  Well just got done installing a bypass filter(amsoil) and of course overkilled it by using some aftermarket fittings(AN8) and steel braided lines. run out of the #4 hex plug in the picture(14mm 1,5 thread to AN 8) to the filter,had to drill to mount as the space i had a mount would have been to close to the turbo for my taste. then got some nifty 180 deg AN8 fittings run to and from it(no nasty bends) and ran it down to hex plug the block(18mm 1.5 thread to AN 8) no muss no fuss..took about 1.5 hrs to do. as i'm out of practice on putting fitting together.(pita :)) had to get most of the fittings/filter online as no one had what i wanted around here. but still got it in for about $ 273.00 so not to bad,as you could spend more on other systems.
So shop around i"m sure someone can do it cheaper than that :)

We'll I'm trying to find the fitting, the m14 and m18. But I haven't been able to find the right fitting with orings. Can you send me a link to where you got them.
Thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.