Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
06-28-2016, (Subject: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... ) 
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze...
(06-26-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(06-25-2016 )slowpoke Wrote:  been talking to couple of mechanic's about this, told me no way to check actuator's. well at $685 each I may take them off and test them first. question tho if I can find good deal four used ones and maybe rebuild like you showed or bad idea? mine have about 700,000 on them. thanks for the pics and explanation helps a lot

Try to replace actuator electrical plug. There is few $ price from cummins was amazed how it change engine idle.

I did as Rawze said and found that mine were still good but I couldn't believe the size of the shi#t wad that came out when I blew it out!
Also, if you remove the plug out from the actuator and inspect it for wet contacts (fuel) and dry it you will find it will run quite differently. I hope i ain't repeating anyone here,LOL!

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Checking your Metering and Fueling Actuators by Rawze... - trucklogger2 - 06-28-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.